DOT And Sports Physicals
Our office offers DOT/CDL examinations and sports physicals. Drivers with commercial drivers licenses are required to have a current medical. Dr. Leigh Lenz is a Certified Medical Examiner and is available to perform the required examination. The examination requires a urinalysis for metabolic conditions (diabetes, kidney problems, etc) and is not used for drug testing. We currently do not provide drug testing at our facility. The cost for the DOT physical is $85, payable via cash, credit or debit card. We do not bill insurance for DOT physicals.
Recommendations for your DOT exam appointment
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. You will have to fill out the DOT medical exam form prior to seeing the doctor
- Bring a list of medications, surgeries, and any past major medical issues. You will also need to bring any glasses and/or hearing aids if you use them for driving. If you have a medical waiver, proof of the waiver must also be provided at the time of your appointment.
- Come to your appointment hydrated! A urinalysis is required as part of the exam.
- We recommend avoiding any type of stimulant that would increase your blood pressure. Smoking, coffee, energy drinks, etc are examples of things that may increase your blood pressure.
Children starting 6th grade through 12th grade are required to have a sports physical in order to play school sports. We provide sports physicals in our clinic for only $30. We have the required state school physical paperwork, or your can also print it out and bring it with you to your appointment. Other groups, such as Pop Warner Football and Cheerleading, require sports physicals in order to play. You can find their specific form below.
Recommendations for your sports physical appointment
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Payment is due prior to performing the physical and we accept cash, credit or debit card for sports physicals. We do not bill insurance for sports physicals.